Photobucket

Saturday, April 24, 2010

How I started my music path... (Part 2)

For quite some time, I really hated doing all the "arrowed" performances and events in Airforce as I always had the thinking that the people inside will not appreciate my singing talent. Most of them are more keen in the drinking activities and mocking at me whenever they have the opportunities... Nevertheless, I think I'm the most "obedient" regular that really stick to the regimental system, not as in no one else does, but to think back I really do not need to cut down the activities. For at least 5 years, I am fully committed to the job.

Luckily, I picked up electric guitar during my regular days and started to explore band stuff, this part of my music journey has cultivated my rocker spirit... I'm so addicted to watching video clips of Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, Yngwie Malmsteen, Slash and many many... Gradually, I'm involved in band activities where I'm either the guitarist or vocalist. I feel that its really important to know how to play instrument as a vocalist, it'll enhance the musicianship within. From a 4 piece band (drum, bass, guitar, vocal), I started to learn about the roles of each instrument. It made me fully understand what is it meant by making the music "full" and being "tight" in our rhythm during a live jamming. The best part is the exposure of playing around with different instruments... it eventually helped me self-taught midi arrangement when I do my own demo.

In 2007, I joined Very Singer (4th Batch). I told myself that I gotta give myself a last chance to be in a pop music school. Actually, I'm not fated to be in LWS when I had the chance in secondary school... its a long story!! But thankfully all is not too late even when I'm 28 that time! I remember singing 冲动 by 动力火车 for audition haha! My journey in OB has made me realised the importance of being an all rounder performer. Just like in a old school movie, you need to be well versed in 琴棋书画, OB actually has a pull of talent well versed in almost everything... composing, beatbox, vocal, instrument, dance, 口才 etc. I felt that being someone with flair in singing and has performing experience is not enough, there's so much more to learn and improved on! Therefore since "粉墨登场", I started 自弹自唱 with my guitar. Since then I rarely sing with MMO... even for the events that I did for OB. Throughout the VS course, I remained positive and hopeful... and yah... just like many, I indeed hoped to have a last chance to fulfill my dream as a singer. I did my best and put in effort to prepare every homework with the mentality that there is nothing to lost! Not only I am the class monitor, even for "我爱 Microphone"... I took the initiative to lead the group to prepare for the presentation. This enthusiasm continued until the graduation concert... and one fine day I was informed to see the boss!

Wah.... this is getting longer and longer. Since I have started, there's no turning back! Thank you for following, I appreciate your visits here and I'm sure it's going to be memorable for me if I start reading back my own post after a few years and by the time my blog post catch up with the things that happen to me currently, I shall end the thread. 哈哈! 有没有电影《不能说的秘密》的感觉?这个梗是偶然想到才用的,并没有抄袭的嫌疑喔!

Please stay tuned to Part 3 of "How I started my music path..."

Thank you for reading!

No comments: